RAM means random access memory, the main memory of our device, which executes every process performed. More the RAN more the speed of run time. That means Ram is the only memory that takes a load of all the processes that occur.
Just like we run any application, music file, game all these things run in temporary memory. If we run several tasks at the same time, then you may face not responding problem.
Because RAM, Paging, and Cache memory are lesser than your current app’s requirements. In that condition, you need to increase your system ram. Everyone can’t upgrade the high-grade ram. So the only best possible way for them is to use Pendrive as a ram.
Don’t worry; here, we will use the concept of Virtual memory. You can increase RAM by using a pen drive as a virtual Ram. This virtual RAM doesn’t have the same performance as compared to your actual device ram.
But that concept increases Paging memory and some other functioning which means your overall performance become competent and some application also quickly start running without any not responding issue. So if you want to use Pendrive as ram, then follow the below-given guide step by step.
How To Use Pendrive As Ram In Windows.
Method 1:- Increase Ram Using ReadyBoost In Windows 7, 8, 10
- Firstly insert your “Pen Drive” >> Now right click on your pen drive.
- Open “Properties” >> Then “ReadyBoost” tab.
- Then switch to “Use this device” and reduce your current memory space. If your current device place is 3700MB, then cut it with approx 200-300MB.
- Then click on the Apply button and all Done.
- In case if you want to change back your Pendrive to normal. Then switch it again. Don’t use the device in the Readyboost tab.
Must Check:- How To Increase Your Internet Speed.
Method 2:- Virtual Ram Concept For Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10.
- First of all, insert your pen drive.
- Then open “My Computer” and right-click >> Then open “Properties.”
- Now Properties window will appear, then click on “Advanced system settings” from the left side.
- Then in the “Advanced” tab click on the “Settings” button appear in the “Performance tab.”
- Again a new window will appear then click on the “Advanced” tab.
- In the advanced tab, there is an option of “Virtual Memory box,” then click on “Change Button.”
Steps To Increasing Virtual Ram.
- After clicking the change button “Virtual settings” will appear.
- Now unchecked the box of “Automatically Manage Page Size Feature.”
- Then in custom size add your Pendrive current same in the below format.
Note:- If Your Pen Drive is of Size 4Gb then always add 10Mb less from current available size. As we are using pen drive of size 4Gb and current space available is 3700 Mb then use 3690 maximum approx or remove more as you can because it better of device safety.
- Now add the same “Value” in both boxes and click on the apply button.
- Restart your PC or Laptop, and now the pen drive will work as “Virtual Ram.”
- Always safely eject your Pendrive. Direct removal may lead to devise damage.
- In the Virtual Memory method, If you want to convert back your Pendrive into Normal. Then again open Virtual Settings and remove custom memory value and choose Default settings by checking “Automatically Manage Paging Size.”
- If you use the ReadyBoost method, don’t forget to revert to normal or otherwise open your pen drive and delete the Readyboost file from your Pendrive.
YouTube Video Tutorial
In conclusion, these best possible ways to use Pendrive as ram in windows and we hope you find them helpful and knowledgeable. In case we missed anything please let us know in the comments below.